After a case is over, sometimes years later, certain terms may need modification due to a change of circumstances. A common example occurs when a parent who is paying child support has an increase or decrease in income. The increase or decrease may warrant an adjustment to the amount of child support being paid. Similarly, situations arise that require an ex-spouse to request the court’s assistance in having their former spouse follow the terms of the divorce decree. For example, enforcement may be sought in a situation where the parent paying child support stops paying or lowers the amount paid. These types of cases are common in my practice and I help clients identify the issues, consider alternatives to court, and navigate the case to a resolution either in or outside of court.